- Bristol - Travel by Train.
- City of Bristol, England.
- Frank Wootton OBE (1914-1998).
- A fabulous view with the very tall spire of the gothic church of St Mary Redcliffe towering over Bristol's docks where a crane is awaiting the arrival of a freighter. In the foreground another boat is being tied up on the quayside. Year Published
- 1950 Size
- Double Royal (approx 40 x 25in or 101.5 x 63.5cm) Other Details:
Original Vintage British Railways Travel Poster.
Published by British Railways (Western Region) PR 72
Printed in Great Britain by Waterlow & Sons Limited, London and Dunstable Condition Grade and Condition Report:
Grade: A/A-, un-conserved.
Very minor creasing, tiny edge nick. More detailed photos are available on request if required.More About The Artist:
Frank Wootton was born In Milford on Sea, Hampshire. He attended art school from age 14, and volunteered for the RAF in 1939. He accepted a special commission to be an official war artist for the RAF and Royal Canadian Air Force. He is recognised as probably the finest aviation artist of all time. He also produced 12 railway posters after the war, when he had become a commercial artist.
Notify me when product is back in stock