- Edinburgh - The Royal Mile.
- Edinburgh, Lothian, Scotland.
- William Barnes Wollen (1857-1936).
- Edinburgh's Royal Mile, leading from the Castle to the Palace of Holyroodhouse, has been the site of many historic processions, and this depiction is of Mary Queen of Scots, with St Giles Cathedral behind her. The colourful poster gives a great impression of the old city with its cobbled streets.Year Published
- Double Royal (approx 40 x 25in or 101.5 x 63.5cm)Other Details:
Original Vintage LNER Travel Poster.
Published by the London & North Eastern Railway
Printed in England by Vincent Brooks, Day & Son Ltd, Lith. London W.C.2Condition Grade and Condition Report:
Grade: B+, conservation-backed on linen.
Folds and some surface wear. Professionally backed in the past. More detailed photos are available on request if required.More About The Artist:
William Barnes Wollen was born in Leipzig in 1857. He was most known for his battle, particularly Boer War and Great War, and historic scene paintings. We are aware of two other LNER railway posters he produced around the same time as this one.
Notify me when product is back in stock