- Largs Ayrshire - The Gem of The Clyde.
- Largs, Ayrshire, Scotland.
- Reginald Montague Lander (1913-c1980).
- Three rather lovely views of Largs, including a Caledonian MacBrayne ferry "Duchess of Hamilton" in the middle, with The Sea Front Looking North at the top, and Douglas Park at the bottom. Year Published
- 1950s Size
- Double Royal (approx 40 x 25in or 101.5 x 63.5cm) Other Details:
Original Vintage British Railways Travel Poster.
Published by British Railways (Scottish Region) -B 18314-56/58
Printed in Great Britain by McCorquodale, Glasgow Condition Grade and Condition Report:
Grade: B+/A-, un-conserved.
Folds, a few minor fox spots. More detailed photos are available on request if required.More About The Artist:
Reginald Montague Lander was a freelance commercial artist in gouache and watercolour, and a prolific poster designer. He was born in London in 1913, educated at Clapham Central School and studied art at Hammersmith School of Art. He became the chief designer and studio manager at Ralph Mott Studio from 1930-9, and worked for Government Ministries and the British Transport Commission. He produced a huge number of posters for GWR, LNER, British Railways and the Post Office, right up to the early 1980s.
Notify me when product is back in stock