- Ripon - It's Quicker By Train.
- Ripon, Yorkshire, England.
- Charles Isaac Ginner (1878-1952).
- A bright and detailed view of Ripon Cathedral towering over the houses and gardens of the ancient Yorkshire town of Ripon. The paper has an unusual slight-sheen to it, suggesting that it may have been experimental paper not used for future posters, or particular to the printing company. Year Published
- 1933 Size
- Double Royal (approx 40 x 25in or 101.5 x 63.5cm) Other Details:
Original Vintage British Railway Travel Poster.
Published by the London & North Eastern Railway
Printed in England by Ben Johnson & Co Ltd, Printers, York Condition Grade and Condition Report:
Grade: B+/B, un-conserved.
Tears repaired by previous owner with paper and tape on rear, minor foxing down sides. More detailed photos are available on request if required.More About The Artist:
Charles Isaac Ginner was born in the south of France, in Cannes, to British parents. He settled in London in 1910 and became a key member of the Camden Town Group of painters, and was a notable British painter of landscapes and urban scenes with post-impressionist influences. His paintings are recognizable with their bright colours, high levels of detail and precise buildings and trees. His work is held in many national collections, including the Tate and National Portrait Galleries in London.
Notify me when product is back in stock