- Highland Games - See Scotland by Train (Sword Dance).
- Braemar, Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
- Lance Harry Mosse Cattermole (1898-1992).
- The Royal Highland Games in the 1950s, with a highlander in a kilt doing the Sword Dance (Ghillie Callum), accompanied by a piper, with Braemer Castle in the background. The site is the Princess Royal Park, and the famous event takes place every year, with Royal Family attendance.Year Published
- Double Royal (approx 40 x 25in or 101.5 x 63.5cm)Other Details:
Original Vintage British Railways Travel Poster.
Published by British Railways (Scottish Region) B.29169
Printed in Great Britain by Stafford & Co Ltd, Netherfield, NottinghamCondition Grade and Condition Report:
Grade: B+/A-, un-conserved.
Folds with some creasing, a little very minor age discolouration. More detailed photos are available on request if required.More About The Artist:
Lance Harry Mosse Cattermole was born in Ireland in1898, the son of an artist, and grandson of George Cattermole (1800-68) – illustrator of The Old Curiosity Shop and other Charles Dickens works. He studied at the Central School of Arts & Crafts 1922-23 and at the Slade School 1923-26 and became a member of the Royal Institute of Oil Painters (R.O.I). His work is represented in many museums and collections. He produced many posters for British Railways.
Notify me when product is back in stock